I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

So this is day 23 since I took Lynn to the ER. The ritilin didn't seem to help, so they discontinued it and have decided to try a drug that is used for narcolepsy. For those of you who don't know, narcolepsy is a condition where people fall asleep at any time. They can be in the middle of driving, standing, and it is a real disability. Lynn does not have narcolepsy, but he does seem to have a problem waking up. This medicine helps people stay awake. Let's just hope it works on Lynn. They took him off the continuous EEG, and when they took off all the electrodes which had been applied and reapplied for the last 3 weeks, his hair (what there is of it) was just cakes with glue. This glue is basically like airplane glue. At first I thought I was going to have to have them shave him bald, but instead I asked them what usually works and they said nail polish remover. They said they would do it, but I asked if they could just give it to me because it would give me something to do. Two hours later, his hair was back to relatively normal, his face was shaved, and his nails were filed. I'm sure that at least if he didn't feel better, he certainly looks better and I feel alot better. I certainly pulled at his hair enough that he would flinch, but he still didn't open his eyes. Hopefully tomorrow. Please continue the prayers. I am sure they are helping Lynn with each of his little baby steps, however small.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the Jones' kids over this morning and while I was mopping the floor and had the chairs lined up in a row, they all picked a chair. Kjerstin was the 'train' engineer. She asked where everyone wanted to go and they decided they were going to the hospital to see Bro. Kraaima. They continue to pray for him and their thoughts are with your family. Love you all!