I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Here's today's update. Lynn stays pretty much the same. The ritilin has not really had an effect yet other than his legs are kind of wriggling a little more. The doctors decided to go ahead and start the medication that will treat his neuro sarcoidosis. They did tell me that usually you don't see any kind of change for at least a week, so next week we will repeat the MRI and see what shows up in the way of sarcoidosis of the brain. This treatment is usually done outpatient every 6 weeks, so the doctors had to get special permission from the chief medical officer to treat him as an impatient. I guess the issue is that many times insurance companies don't pay for the medication inpatient and the hospital has to "eat it". They had to make a case for Lynn. I told them to remind them that we are double insured and they are getting paid for everything else as well as the high amounts being billed to my insurance company are also paying for half of the other patients in the ICU who don't have insurance. The doctors just laughed at me and totally agreed! I have no idea if they actually took that piece of info to the CMO, but whatever. I'm beginning to get just a bit testy and fiesty concerning Lynn's care lately. With all of the changing doctors and nurses (since this is a teaching hospital they are always changing who's on service), I have had to set some of them straight on his history and treatment that's been going on the past 3 weeks. Lynn better wake up and get better quick because I think I have the capacity to become a real witch if needed. So lets all hope he cooperates so that doesn't happen! Until tomorrow!

4 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so proud of you Mom! LOL Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!
Tara

Arm Candy said...

You think you have the capacity??? Uhum...LOL

Chubb said...

Well, here it is day 23, I think. The days seem to be melting together. Tina keeps telling us to take a day off, but I guess it is the parent-child situation. You never quit being a parent. We are grateful to our Ward members and neighbors who have been so concerned gor Lynn. Thank you for your prayers, and concerns. Dad & Mom Kraaima

Haley Kraaima said...

I'm pretty sure you have the ability to do whatever is needed Tina....whenever Evan is in the hospital I become quite the b****!!! Neil always has to tell me to calm down, but when it comes to the ones you love it's very hard to control your emotions! Hang in there! We love you guys, we are here for you, just call!