I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Lynn has now been transferred to South Davis. It went very smoothly other than when I left the ICU I felt like I was leaving home and it was very emotional. When you spend 12 hours a day for 7 weeks with the same staff, they become like your family. It was very sad for me. I look forward to the day when I can take Lynn back for a visit so they can all get to know the real Lynn. The staff at South Davis were all very nice and welcoming and seemed to want to accommodate us as much as possible. The only one I haven't decided about yet is his new doctor. He was OK, but I have been very spoiled by Lynn's doctors at the U. I guess his doctor is probably the least important one anyway because he will only be stopping in 2-3 times a week, and he seems willing to order whatever I suggest anyway. The real ones I need to be concerned about are the people that will be taking care of Lynn day in and day out. These include respiratory therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, nutritionists, aids and nurses. They were all very kind. I am continuing to provide music therapy for Lynn via an IPOD, and the caffeine they are giving him (per crushed tablets via his feeding tube) seem to be having some effect as I am able to get him to open his eyes a little when I move his head or turn him. He is starting to move his eye back and forth a bit. Not tracking yet, but he is definitely moving them more than even a few days ago. I swear there were a couple of times this morning when he actually locked his gaze onto me. I can't say he showed any sign of recognition or not, but he is progressing slowly. We will continue to stimulate his brain as much as we can. I have to keep remembering how his doctors said that we will have to measure his progress week to week, not day to day. That's all for now. Thanks for all of the great comments of support. I love reading them. God bless you all.

5 comments:

Shonna Lee said...

Good morning Tina,
I am so glad that the transition went well. I am keeping you both in thought and prayer. I am keeping faith that he will awake soon and you will both be on your way to recovery and getting back to your normal lives. I think of you often and am so hoping that this will all turn around soon and you will both be back home and enjoying life again. Love and hugs.
Shonna

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I think your amazing, and Lynn is very lucky to have you as his companion. Our family prays for you and Lynn daily. Keep strong, and know that we all are praying for the miracles to come your way! We send our love, and blessings at this time.
Love, The Andy and Lori Wilson

AlexFam said...

These "small" steps of progress feel like "big" steps as I read them. It reminds me of trying to shake off the affects of anesthesia. I could hear everyone speaking, and I wanted to respond, I just couldn’t form the words or open my eyes. It was very frustrating! I’m praying Lynn is right there, at the brink, and that his frustration will push him over, and back to his wonderful wife and family.

Praying so hard....
Cindee

Chubb said...

We are so grateful for the many prayers that have been offered in Lynn's behalf. We hope he will soon awaken from his long sleep, and be back with us again.
Tina you are so good to make sure Lynn is comfortable and make sure he gets the care that he needs.
Love Dad & Mom Kraaima

Arm Candy said...

I think that he knows exactly who you are and that you are there. The way that he reacted when you were with me was completely different.