I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lynn came through his surgery to place the PEG tube in his stomach beautifully. They had warned me that he would most likely come back on a ventilator since he would have had general anesthesia and be sedated with pain medication. However, when he came back, there was no need for the ventilator, he was breathing on his own through the trach with just a little oxygen support. As I mentioned in the last post, they can't use his PEG tube for 48 hours, so he continues to receive his nutrition via TPN (IV). His medications can actually still be administered via his NJ tube that is going down his nose into his jejunum. The jejunum is the beginning of the small intestine where most of your nutrients are absorbed. He continues to be in a coma and no changes are really taking place. I will keep you informed.

0 comments: