I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lynn is doing well at South Davis. The staff is getting to know us and we are getting to know them. Today they put Lynn in the shower. It's the first shower he's had for 7 weeks! In the ICU they only did bed baths with no-rinse shampoo and so I was very anxious to get him in a real shower. It was pretty cool. They bring in this gurney that is made out of pvc pipe and plastic netting that water can go through. Then they transfer him onto it so he is still laying down. They wheel him right into the bathroom that is in his room which is big enough to accommodate the gurney. They have a hand held showerhead that they can shower him off with. I was able to go in with them and we scrubbed him head to toe. From the time they transferred him to the gurney and through the shower until they transferred him back to his bed, his eyes were open. Not sure if anything was registering, but they were open. Definitely the longest at any one time. Unfortunately, they will only be showering him Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I wish we could stimulate him like that every day. Tomorrow I will be meeting with the interdisciplinary team to discuss and plan his care. Hopefully I will have more to report. Until then, thanks for all of the support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tina,

Thank you for keeping us updated on Lynn's progress. Bev & I pray for Lynn often. We pray that he continues to progress and will eventually be the Lynn that we remember and love. We pray that he will wake up from his coma and be able to go home before the insurance runs out. We put his name on the prayers roles every time we attend the temple. We pray that the Lord blesses you with continued strength and faith and that Lynn can feel benefit from it. We pray for Lynn every time we meet as a stake presidency, as well. Love, President Gonzales

Craig Gordon said...

Tina,
I found out that my daughter-in-law works on the same floor that Lynn is on. I told her that I wouldn't ask her anything about Lynn because of the patient laws in place but I told her she needs to make sure he gets the "special" treatment (pinching, poking, scarring, etc) to get him to wake up. She said she would make sure to do her best under the guidelines given her, maybe an extra pinch when no one is looking. Keep up the great updates and our prayers are with you and your family.
Craig Gordon

Connie said...

Glad to hear you are adjusting to the new staff. We are continuing to pray for him and are glad to hear he kept his eyes open for so long today. Something has got to be registering! I could tell he was responding to your voice when we were there last week. Something is getting through, keep up the stimulation! Love and prayers for you both.--Connie