I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Transfer

The decision has been made. After a very long, agonizing week of deliberation and prayer as well as research, I have decided that Lynn will be transferred to South Davis Hospital on Monday. In the last blog I mentioned the insurance issue. I hadn't heard back from Heritage and Educator's Mutual who were in negotiations, but I decided that South Davis is better prepared to work with brain injuries. I mentioned that I only have 60 days of long term care coverage, so I feel like we need to be as aggressive as possible in trying to bring Lynn out of his coma. South Davis couldn't guarantee anything of course, but it is what they work with all the time. I will not be working during that time so I can devote my time to augmenting whatever the therapists do to help Lynn. Today I started music therapy with him by plugging earbuds in his ears and playing music on an IPOD. So far it wasn't effective, but we will keep plugging away at it. I appreciate all the prayers on our behalf. I know a lot of you follow this blog. Feel free to post comments, I like reading them but we haven't had any for a while. They really do lift my spirits.

12 comments:

Sterling Bo said...

Sorry about that everyone, somehow we disabled the comments. They should work now. Please e-mail Sterling if it stops working again. sterbobaggins@gmail.com

LeeAnn Callister said...

Thanks, I've tried and just thought I didn't know how to use it, I'm so sorry for what you are going through Tina, I hope and pray that he comes around very soon, and don't stop the music therapy, I've heard good things about it, even if it doesn't work immediately he is still receiving good things from it. Love and miss you,if you need me just let me know.

MaryJo said...

Tina,

I have tried for days to write a comment,I'm glad its working again. I thought maybe it was my computer until there were no responses.
You are in our thoughts and prayers as you move to this next place with Lynn. We hope he wakes up very soon.You are all very strong.Please tell Dale and Diane we are thinking of them too.
Love,
MaryJo and Robin

Anonymous said...

Tina, We continue to pray for you and for Lynn each day. I'm sure the decision you made was difficult, but made with guidance from Him who knows what is best for Lynn and you. Take care. The West's

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I check Lynn's update everyday. You and your family are in our prayers. Thank you for taking the time for the updates, also thanks for being there for JoAnne.
Love,
Joyce

Aaron Jones said...

We are praying for Lynn to wake up and make a full recovery. Miracles are real! We hope that everything goes well with the transfer to South Davis. God bless. The Joneses

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray for you. Continue to be strong--I'm sure this is such a difficult time for all of you. We will continue to track Lynn's progress--thanks for keeping us all up-to-date.

Krey and Shantel Ellis
former Ward members and Young woman leader to Heather

Starlee said...

Tina!!
I am glad to hear that you guys are transferring him. I hope this goes well. I look online almost every other day to see how things are going, progressing, everything. I have kept you in my prayers. I am grateful to have you in my life. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Tina, We continue to check the blog all the time to see how your sweetheart is doing. You are always in our prayers and we kept you in our prayers and fast yesterday as well. We love you and hope you can feel the love and strength from all those who love you both! Love, Max and Tracy Pendleton

Anonymous said...

Tina,
We just found out about Lynn, and have checked this blog daily ever since. Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Glad to hear the transfer went well and hope it continues to go that way. Love, Melissa Layne Bates---former 17th ward member---

Anonymous said...

Tina we are glad to hear things went well today...I know this has been very hard on you and we wish we could be there more, Neil wants to be there more I know...we always read what you write. Love, Neil, Haley, Nicki, Evan and Cy Kraaima!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, I saw in church today and I am amazed at your strength. I can not even imagine what you are going through, but reading the blog there are a whole lot of people who love you and Lynn in their prayers and hearts. Please let Roy and I know if there is anyway we can help. We pray he wakes up soon. I want to try and print the blog and transfer some comments from it for Joshua. We have let him know about Lynn and try to keep him updated on his progress. He is surely missed in the ward and I keep remembering that last fast Sunday that he bore his testimony about what he had been going through. It is so good that he did that. Please keep the faith and know you are loved. Sheryl and Roy