I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Today was kind of encouraging. The neuro team came in and when they did pain stimulation, Lynn flexed both arms all the way up to the trach, which the neurologist call localizing. This is evidently a really good sign. He is not only reacting, but he is localizing the reaction. They then explained to me that he is overall improving slowly and that the next step towards coming out of the coma could be a slow process. It involves opening his eyes, tracking, and responding to verbal command. They said that when the brain has experienced swelling that it can a long time to progress from one step of a coma to the next. I was pretty encouraged by their attitude. They are introducing free water into his digestive tract to see how it handles it. Remember, except for the Lactalose, he had been receiving all medications and nutrition through his IV sites. We are crossing our fingers that his gut reacts positively. So we will continue to patiently wait (not my best attribute) for him to wake up. Until tomorrow, take care.

1 comments:

AnnieBananie said...

Tina, I had no idea until Friday. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers! I pray everything goes well.

Annamarie Breen