I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Last night before I left the hospital, Lynn's ICP rose again up to 40, so they had to bolus him 3 times with propofol, leave him on a propofol drip, which means he is sedated again, and gave him Mannitol for the brain swelling. I talked to his nurse this morning and she said that he is quiet and still on the propofol. I have not had a chance to speak to his doctors yet this morning. I have been arranging FMLA for Lynn and all of the other things that I was hoping would not have to be done. I have been in contact with Lynn's boss and Human Resources and they are all pulling for Lynn. I am assured that his job is not in jeopardy. We will take it one week at a time, but we are looking at a very long ordeal that will most likely require lots of rehab when we get over the critical portion of his illness. Lynn and I are so fortunate to be employed by Weber State and I am SO lucky that Lynn never took sick leave and very few vacations the whole time he's been there. We are definitly needing it now. Please continue to pray for Lynn's recovery, and specifically for him to wake up. Again, thanks for all the support and prayers.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Tina,
You are one incredible woman! You have been been through a lot this past little while. I am sure that Lynn appreciates all you have done. He is lucky to have you! If you need anything, please let me know.

The Lee family said...

Keep on going Tina! Hope your day is going good and no more ups and downs...

Tracy said...

Dear Tina, Our hearts and our prayers continue to be with you all. We love you and pray for Lynns quick recovery and for you so that you will have the strength to continue forward. Please know that we think of you often and are so grateful for your blog so that we can continue to keep and update on all of you without calling you everyday. Call if you need us...All our love, Max and Tracy

write on Rollins said...

I am a friend of Chase's and have been following Lynn's progress. I pray for Lynn and your family with all my heart. I am so sorry for what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and will be with you throughout this terrible ordeal. Darcy

Cali said...

My prayers are with you heather and the rest of the family and for heather's dad to get better soon and to heal...

i love heather so much... and i know that she is there for her daddy and that is the sweetest thing to do and the best thing to have for her father...

love you all always and my prayers are with you...

Cali Bruington

WestRiver said...

Sometimes no news is better news. I hope Lynn keeps taking those small, slow, baby steps to progess to good health. My thoughts are always with you.
Toby