I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today is the day we are hoping good things happen. They repeated the CT scan on Lynn this morning and the doctor said it was "significantly better". I love that word significant. Anyway, they are weening him from the sedation, he is breathing on his own with an occasional breath from the vent. He is showing some signs of reactivity such as blinking with his eyes closed, retracting when deep suctioned, he slightly turned his head when the nurse went to do oral care, and he demonstrated a very large gag reflex when deep suctioned as well. Since a major gag reflex is characteristic of Lynn's (we all know his fear of the dentist), I am very encouraged. It may still be a while before we see signs of consciousness, but I'm sure it will come. We are encouraged and strengthened by all of your prayers and wishes for Lynn. You all are the best!

7 comments:

Matt and Jade said...

That's great! I went to the dentist yesterday, and wanted so badly to tell him about it. He likes to gag, when I tell him stories. It's so funny.

MaryJo said...

Great news....Sounds like things are going in the right direction.
Thanks for all your updates.

You, and Lynn, and your family are still in our prayers everyday.
Get better Lynn......

Love, MaryJo and Robin

Laura said...

Tina, thank you for sharing daily updates, so many of us need to know how Lynn is doing. I have a 32 year friendship with Lynnn, we started work full time at Weber State together, my retirement celebration will wait until Lynn is there. I can't retire without him! Get back to 100% my buddy.
Love Laura Ditt

Unknown said...

A wonderful Weds post! Love, Lori

Haley Kraaima said...

The Neil Kraaima clan is very excited to hear that thing are getting better, we need Uncle Lynn back home!

Shonna Lee said...

Tina, I am so sorry that you all are going through this. I have been thinking and praying for you. I hope he gets better soon and you all can get back to normal (whatever that is right?) Take care and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love you
Shonna

debi said...

The Todd's are so HAPPY to hear your good news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We love you so much!