I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We have had a couple of good days. Lynn is opening his eyes more frequently. Please do not confuse this with waking up. He does move his eyes around though, blinks and a couple of times has locked onto me. It doesn't last long, but it is definitely progress. He is still unable to follow verbal commands. What's frustrating is that I don't know if he isn't understanding us or whether he just can't get his brain to engage his body yet. But I am thrilled with the small steps he is making. I have been showing him pictures of our family, playing music (all kinds), talking to him, giving him massages, running his hands over familiar objects like golf balls, golf club, scriptures, cell phone, his hat (I even put it on him), and I have him using the blanket that he always cuddled up with in from of the fireplace. I am told that if we keep stimulating him with things that are familiar to him, it will evoke memories. He is doing much better in regards to aspirating his tube feeds. Since we got the anti-reflux medicine figured out, and since I put a sign up above his bed requesting the staff to keep his head raised at 45 degrees, he is hardly coughing anything up including much for secretions. Things are going well. Your prayers are being heard. Please keep them up. We are very grateful for all of your support.

3 comments:

Paul Bachman said...

Glad to hear that things are going better. We are constantly praying for you and Lynn. It's very encouraging to see that he's making progress. We can't wait for the post that says he finally woke up! Please let us know if you need anything.

Love,
Paul, Christina, Kort and Cohen

Matt and Jade said...

Scott Steele wanted me to tell him to wake up, it's golf season. He want s to beat him so bad. We love you Tina and are praying for Lynn daily.

Unknown said...

Am so grateful to continue praying Tina. You are very special. love, Lori