I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Friday, April 23, 2010

I am sitting at my work computer here at Weber State in between graduation activities. I feel compelled to share with you all my experience this morning at the convocation ceremony. As a lot of you know, the keynote speaker at convocation was President Thomas S. Monson. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our LDS faith, President Monson is the Prophet of our Church. For Catholics, it's like having the Pope come speak. His counselors President Uchdorff (sp?) and President Eyring were also there. President Monson was also being awarded one of the Honorary Humanitarian Doctoral Degrees. Of course he gave a very inspiring speech, and afterwards, some of the faculty went up to see if we could shake his hand or something. There were alot of people trying to get at him. On my way up, I was able to shake the hands of Presidents Uchdorff and Eyring, and then I just kind of hung around the people who were trying to shake the Prophet's hand. I could tell that they were trying to move him out. I just took a deep breath and stepped up and held out my hand. He took it and I told him I just had to touch his hand because my husband had been in a coma for 10 weeks. He could see the tears in my eyes and he hugged me and asked me what my husband's name was. I told him and he said to his assistant, "I want that name. Write it down." So they asked me to spell it for them. He then informed me that on Thursday at 10:00, the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be having their prayer circle in the temple and that Lynn's name will be there. He told me that wherever I am at that time I should also be in prayer for Lynn. He said that he would keep Lynn's name there for a while. I thanked him profusely and walked away feeling my spirit lifted to not only have been in the presence of this man of God, but for his interest in mine and Lynn's welfare. A couple of my co-workers were there witnessing this, and they immediately suggested that next Thursday we also have a fast for Lynn while they are praying. So I am inviting anyone who would like to take part in a special fast for Lynn on Thursday to join us, and to maybe stop at 10:00 and offer a prayer to go along with the prayer of the brethren. I know that the power of collective prayer is great and that Heavenly Father hears all of his children's prayers no matter what religion they belong to. Thank you all for your continued support and the prayers and fasting that you have already been doing. I know that Lynn is feeling them and they are helping not only him but me.

8 comments:

Sterling Bo said...

Wow, mom. That's wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Tina -
I don't know if you will see this from the Deseret News or not,http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/2895897.jpg You know we will be continuing to join our faith with yours on Thursday.

with love,
Trudi

AlexFam said...

That's what I like about you Tina, you are a take charge kind of gal! When you need results, you go right to the top! (Well almost the top.)
Awesome experience, very inspiring and full of hope. Thanks for sharing.

Cindee

The Bates' said...

That is awesome!! I am glad you had the courage to stay and shake hands with him and his counselors. Right place at the right time, for a reason. Melissa

Rob and Kristyn said...

What a neat experience and a blessing for sure Tina!! I always think about and pray for you and Lynn. Love ya and take care :)

Unknown said...

What an incredible experience. We will be joining you in fasting and praying for Lynn. You are awesome Tina!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina

Lynn and you have been in our prayers everyday since the first time we heard. We pray for his recovery and will join you on the fast and prayers on Thursday. We extend our love and FAITH, HOPE and TRUST in your behalf.

love, Sherrie Cope and family

Anonymous said...

Tina, I will join you on Thursday. I know prayer works.

Pam