I've decided to set up a blog to help keep everyone updated on Lynn's progress. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts. Since I haven't always been able to answer each of your calls and texts, you can get updates on the blog. Please feel free to comment as I will be sharing this blog with Lynn as he recovers.

Also, posts before March 28 will say they were posted by my daughter because we set up the blog under her email address.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Today was a good day. Lynn and I watched conference (OK, I watched, hopefully Lynn was listening). I had him sitting up in a Gerichair for about 7 hours. It is so good for his lungs, he hardly aspirates anything when he is in that position. Unfortunately, we can't keep him in that position too long because any one position puts him at risk for skin breakdown. However, he has been on previcid twice a day for two days now, and he is doing considerably better. He still coughs up sputum through his trach like he always has, but he is not coughing up copious amounts of his feeding like he was earlier in the week. This was the first time in over a week I didn't cry when I left him. Yesterday, because we had messed around with his feeding dose as well as he was spitting so much of it up, I had them check an ammonia level and it was up to 40. The doctors told me as long as it was under 50, we were OK, but I was nervous about it being on it's way up. So I had them draw it again today. It was down to 15. I was very happy. I think we are under control again. It's taken about a week to get it right after the move to South Davis, but I think we are good. Hopefully this week will be smoother. Happy Easter to you all.

2 comments:

MaryJo said...

Lynn,
It was so good to see you Sat. Please wake up though,its time.

Tina you are so good to Lynn, he is lucky to have you love him so much.
Take care,

Love,
MaryJo and Robin

Unknown said...

Tina, you are so very strong, and brave, and truly an amazing woman. I'm rooting for the both of you.
Love
Mary (Jan's sister)